The Software Engineer will plan, develop, and maintain software systems to simplify the creation and distribution of digital content. The position offers the option to work remotely or at our Sebastopol, CA headquarters office, and reports to the CTO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Plan, develop, and maintain complex software systems spanning departments, groups, and geographical locations often involving research into existing systems.
- Work with CTO, Director of Publishing Technology, Publishing Technology Engineer, and other staff to maintain and improve all pieces of existing publishing technology stack for creating print and digital books.
- Provide rapid development solutions in support of new initiatives, projects, and experiments.
- Liaise with central Information Technology and software development teams to ensure integration between publishing technology stack and centralized data stores.
- Assist and respond to support queues (for authors, editors, and other internal staff) when necessary.
- Advise on, and script/automate manuscript conversion among multiple file formats.
Post bachelor's experience in interactive communications and UI design is required and must include:
- CSS libraries (Bootstrap and 960.gs)
- Experience with data-driven design techniques and frameworks, including Processing, Processing.js, Toxiclibs, D3 and Raphael
- Distributed back-end application development using Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Datamapper, S3, Cloudfront, Capistrano, Akamai, and Postgres.
- Master’s in Interactive Telecommunications
- 6 months experience as a Computational Designer and Developer or related.
O'Reilly Media - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard