P3I Inc is searching for a Software Engineer to join a team at a Lexington area Federally Funded Research and Development Center. The Center is chartered to apply advanced technology to problems of national security. Research and development activities focus on long-term technology development as well as rapid system prototyping and demonstration. The Laboratory works with industry to transition new concepts and technology for system development and deployment.
Job Summary Description:
Software Engineer will design and develop custom applications that will be sued in support of a Test and Evaluation Project. Specifically, the Cyber System Assessments Group within the Laboratory provides the US Government with independent assessments of cyber systems and capabilities. This is accomplished through the research and development of unique, cutting edge technical capabilities for understanding, testing, assessing and analyzing cyber technologies. In addition to the principal mission of planning, constructing, supporting and executing testing and evaluation activities of cyber capabilities, the Group also focuses on red=teaming to identify weaknesses in U.S. Systems and characterization of adversary capabilities. The Group achieves success through excellence and experience in core technical competencies, including the planning and execution of cyber evaluations, development of realistic, high-fidelity test environments to model the Internet and networks of interest, modeling of adversary capabilities, development of threat surrogates, low-level systems analysis for vulnerability discovery and malicious software analysis, low-observable system instrumentation and forensic analysis, and reverse engineering.
- Specification development
- Software design
Code implementation, testing and evaluation
- MS degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or required discipline. In lieu of a MS, BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or required discipline and 3+ years of directly related experience (will be considered)
- Strong software skills necessary with a proven record of working through the complete software life-cycle process
- Experience with JAVA or C++
- Working knowledge of Python is required
- Comfortable working in and developing Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Must possess ability to complete assignment working independently and in a team environment and effectively present results
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance prior to start
P3I, Inc - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -