We are looking for smart mid-senior level engineers familiar with Java but we hire from all language backgrounds.
We build technology that corrects, updates, and maintains information about business locations across dozens of web platforms.
The People Project specializes in tech recruiting solutions for growing companies and connects technical talent to amazing opportunities. Working with a select group of clients in the startup community of NYC we have a variety of technical opportunities available. We are currently seeking experienced technologists to join a great team in NY. See below for more information from our client and let us know if you think it's the right job for you!
- You will mentor our engineers work on small teams with rotating projects
- Build a new version of our iOS or Android application
- Build service locator infrastructure to help hundreds of services find one another and interact
- Use SASS, jQuery, and the Play! framework to add user interface to support platform for location management
- Develop a caching layer so that search can update thousands of locations in no time at all
- Build an automated testing infrastructure with Selenium and Ruby
- Create image testing infrastructure using S3 and Route 53
- Build a system that crawls and analyzes hundreds of thousands of pages per day using Selenium and Java
- Implement and research scale-out strategies using sharding and NoSQL solutions
- Examine real-time application data and use it to resolve system issues
- Architect a distributed system that uses RPCs and message queuing with RabbitMQ
- Wide ranging engineering interests and diverse technology experience
- Exceptional communication skills, leadership skills and experience mentoring and coaching engineers
- Very strong engineering skills, knowledge of Java or another OOP language
- Quick to pick up new technologies
- Thrive on tackling tough challenges and love working through problems with peers
- CS degree and strong in engineering fundamentals
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES OR CANDIDATES READY TO MOVE TO NYC WILL BE CONSIDERED.
WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR VISAS AT THIS TIME
Not the right fit for you but thinking of making a move? We have plenty of other engineering positions available, so drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what you're after. We can make the right introductions to accelerate your career!
People Project - 21 months ago