Perceptive Software, a division of Lexmark, International, builds technology that gives organizations visibility to and control over all of the processes and data they need to work smarter, within the context of their enterprise software applications. We combine a practical knowledge of the customer’s business and the right mix of technology, with the most relevant best practices to deliver complete solutions that tackle today’s biggest organizational challenges—financial performance, managing risk and adapting to the future. As one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, Perceptive is always looking for talented professionals with the focus and the drive to go farther.
Perceptive Software is now searching for talented Software Engineers in our Kansas City office where we are putting together several top-notch teams for new feature development. Because we are rapidly growing, there is considerable opportunity for leadership and advancement.
We want Software Engineers that get excited when discussing Scalability, Abstraction Layers and Concurrency; who feel they need to rid the world of Poorly Factored Code, Memory Leaks and Race Conditions; who are highly gratified to make a database query run 20% faster; who have a favorite data structure; who are annoyed by inconsistent placement of curly braces; who would read a book on Design Patterns just for fun; who are horrified when they discover an algorithm doesn't run better than O(N); and who remember their very first program with great fondness.
We work with a variety of languages, platforms and tools, including but not limited to: C++ (extensively), C#, Java, Windows (extensively), Linux, Solaris, AIX, SQL Server, Oracle, Web Services, Visual Studio, Eclipse, CppUnit, NUnit, JUnit, COM, .NET, and WPF and Silverlight.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience developing Windows or Unix applications required.
- Strong experience in object oriented design and programming including full software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of relational database programming and experience with SQL Server or Oracle or DB2 is highly desirable.
- Localization experience, particularly with European languages a strong plus.
- Familiarity with multiple hardware/software development environments, languages and technologies including MS Windows and Unix variants.
- Experience developing industrial strength client and server applications in Windows and/or Unix using C++, Java, and SQL using ANSI standards where applicable.
- Prior experience in a high volume consumer business a big plus.
- Priority will be given to resumes that arrive with information outlining programming abilities in C++ and/or Java.
How To Apply
Are you an innovator? Here is your chance to make your mark with a global technology leader. Apply now!