Pivotal RTI (Real Time Intelligence) is a cutting-edge group in a cutting-edge, pre-IPO company (started by industry leaders EMC, VMware and GE). We are looking for candidates with knowledge in statistics, machine learning, and test automation. Our team is developing a platform that will deal with the real-time processing of events coming from networks, smart phones, smart meters, jet engines, social networks and many other sources, giving you exposure to a wide range of industries and the latest technologies. This position gives a rare opportunity for a high-energy candidate learn distributed programming techniques, low latency processing and system architecture and demonstrate their value on a small team
- Develops software solutions for external clients based on detailed specifications from technology and systems consultants. Most development is expected to be done in Java, but may occasionally include other JVM-based languages.
- Working under the direction of experienced architects and programmers, responsible for the development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
- Contribute to and execute implementation plans and priorities.
- Provides technical expertise by independently determining and developing approaches to solutions for a moderate range of complex software engineering problems and algorithms. Uses judgment and creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- Applies software engineering methods or processes, re-evaluate existing processes; designs simulation and test criteria and verifies functionality and performance.
- Provides documentation of work and results; reviews projects against goals and provides status reports.
- Understands and adheres to cost, delivery, quality targets established during the program design phase.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics (with programming courses)
- Experience programming in Java
- Problem solving skills and Analytical thinking
- General knowledge and application of software engineering concepts and algorithms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to discuss complex problems
- Strong familiarity with the statistics and machine learning algorithms including one or more of the following techniques: SVM, Neural Nets, Probabilistic Graphical Models, NLP, logistic regression, Naïve Bayes, Decision Trees, Optimization algorithms.
- Spring Framework programming experience
- Experience with statistical languages and packages, including R, S-Plus, SAS, Matlab or Mahout
- Hadoop, Storm, Big Data programming experience
- Experience with team software development tools such as JIRA, GIT, Eclipse
Pivotal Payments is an independent payment processing provider, offering a full range of merchant services to small, medium and large-sized...