Security Industry Specialists, Inc. (SIS) is a rapidly growing service-based private security company that provides tailored security management solutions to some of the most influential Fortune 100 companies.
Due to our growing needs, we are establishing the position of a Software Engineer, to assist with the growth and to support an increasingly complex IT environment. The Software Engineer will be responsible for managing all existing applications and those currently in the production environment; playing a key role in all aspects of software application production support. We are currently in the process of integrating new software & SaaS solutions to existing systems and processes.
The ideal candidate should have passion for applying new software to streamline business processes, with a desire to be involved in building, designing, and supporting highly scalable web-based systems.
- Oversee all support and enhancement requests for several production applications and website.
- Providing the highest level of production application support.
- Ensuring the overall success of these systems, especially pertaining to technical matters.
- Ensuring the on-time delivery of enhancements or modifications to production systems.
- Provide technical assistance and training to support internal staff.
- Research and evaluation of relevant technologies and presentation of alternative solutions.
- Work with the IT Director in creating development plans for all applications support initiatives.
- Personally provides solid support of all line-of-business applications.
- Participates in project initiatives by completing tasks in an efficient and timely manner reporting progress to the IT Director.
- Seeks innovative ways to improve the process of delivering solutions to internal customers
- Assist as needed with system architecture, technology footprint, and standards.
- Assists team with all aspects of Software & SaaS implementations and upgrades.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment; and willing to serve as a ‘floater’ to support the various roles within the IT team.
Must Have Skills & Experience:
- Linux or Unix system administration experience [1-2 yrs]
- Strong programming or scripting experience (Java, Web 2.0) [1-2 yrs]
- Front end/ UI coding & integration (1-2 yrs)
- Integration with various platforms & API’s
- Strong understanding of relational databases (RDBMS)
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- AGILE Experience
- SDLC Experience
- LAMP Experience
- VBA Experience
- MS Access Experience
- Mac OS proficiency.
- Experience with general IT systems Administration.
- SalesForce experience is a huge plus!
Security Industry Specialists, Inc. - 15 months ago
SIS provides a variety of challenging work environments where professionals are given opportunities to develop their careers and contribute...