- Shop It To Me is the #1 online personal shopping service and completely changing the way people shop online. We recommend 2+ billion products to our 4+ million avid subscribers every month. We are profitable, growing and on our way to completely disrupting the ecommerce industry by making shopping the easiest, most personalized experience you’ve ever seen.
- Here’s how our current product works: You tell us your preferences like favorite brands (Prada, Nike, 600+ others), your individual sizes and price ranges. We scour the Internet every day and let you know when things you want go on sale.
- We make money whenever people buy something. Our service has been called "addictive" and "dangerous." by our users.
- You are going to be working on one of the most instrumental parts of our shopping service, writing the software to bring new retailers into our personalized shopping service and thrilling our over 4 million passionate mostly-female shop-a-holic subscribers .
- You’ll become both a web-scraping expert and a minor celebrity as the results of your crawling, parsing and categorizing will be enthusiastically appreciated and frequently tweeted upon across the globe.
- You'll be working in a fun environment in the start-up filled San Francisco's SOMA with an all-star team which includes graduates from Harvard and Berkeley with backgrounds from Tellme, Google, Microsoft and Gap Inc...
- You’ll be building out the retailer framework to expand into new categories like housewares and sporting goods
- And you’ll be working on cool, new, secret projects that will completely disrupt how people use the Internet to shop.
- You are an excellent debugger and problem solver
- You have 1+ years developing software (either Java, PHP, or preferably Ruby)
- You enjoy working on a small, quick-moving team of high quality.
- You take pride in the quality of your work and the work of your team.
- You want to be part of a company that can help change the world.
- You get excited at building code that will make an immediate impact on millions of users.
We’ve got lots of fun perks for you:
- Stock options in a rapidly growing profitable startup
- An awesome location (We’re next door neighbors to TechCrunch in SOMA a block from CalTrain)
- The ability to work with a small super-smart team
- Tough intellectual challenges
- Optional one-on-one basketball arcade tournaments
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Hidden puzzles on the website
- Monthly waffle and juice breakfasts and “Drinks of the month” celebrations
- And millions of adoring (mostly female) fans.
Shop It To Me, Inc - 2 years ago