About Us: |
Skybox Imaging provides global customers easy access to reliable and frequent high resolution images of the earth that empower more informed, data-driven decisions, by designing and building imaging satellites and cloud services.
By combining the best and brightest people with a Silicon Valley culture of innovation, we hope to not only revolutionize the aerospace industry, but fundamentally change how people and businesses make decisions.
About the role:
You are a strong software engineer, comfortable taking the lead in building new systems from scratch. You may have some experience in image and signal processing, but you might not. You are excited about large-scale data processing, and are intrigued by the idea of joining a vertically-integrated startup that is taking pictures and video from space.
Your responsibilities will include architecting and building the production systems that allow us to analyze the image quality of vast quantities of geospatial images captured on a daily basis. You will collaborate with your peer algorithm scientists to understand the image processing algorithms at a high level, and determine the appropriate combination of fully automated image quality metrics and human-assisted quality checks. You will then lead the architecture and implementation of the tools and infrastructure to verify and constantly improve our image quality.
As a Skybox software engineer, you ’ll have an opportunity to work with many different development technologies. Although we ’re building satellites, we thrive on our Silicon Valley culture. Design discussions are as likely to occur over a beer at a picnic table on our back patio as in front of a whiteboard.
Skills and Experience:
Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other similar degree
- Strong C/C++, Python or Java development skills in a Linux environment
- Ability to architect software systems from the ground up
- Experience with SQL (Postgres) or NoSQL (Hadoop stack) databases
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous deployment tools (Jenkins, Sonor, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small startup environment with rapidly changing priorities and a constant sense of urgency.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V Employer
Please - No recruiting agencies, and no phone calls.