STRUCTURAL collaborates with clients to improve infrastructure by combining our award-winning specialty construction, repair and maintenance services with our proprietary technologies to provide innovative solutions for demanding engineering and construction challenges.
We are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer to be based in our Corporate office located in Hanover, MD. The first 3-4 months will require on-site training in Grantham England. This is a unique opportunity for a hands-on tinkerer that enjoys building innovative solutions that will support construction projects worldwide. The Software Engineer is responsible for developing and programming cathodic protection remote control and monitoring systems to be installed on concrete structures; will advise in on-site installation of systems as well as maintenance, repair, and upgrades of installed systems; assist in testing both software and hardware; provide technical support and advice on software, communications, and electronics within the company. Additionally this position will collaborate with engineering staff to develop new products that incorporate electronics and software.
Successful candidates who meet the following criteria will be considered for this position:
Our ideal candidate will be team and solution oriented, with a proactive, professional, and positive attitude. Must be able learn new skills quickly and independently, be a self starter with a keen willingness to learn new things. Candidate must be comfortable working in small spaces and at heights, with the ability to distinguish colors. This position will require some travel after the initial training time in England. We offer excellent compensation and benefits, including 401(k) and company bonus plan. EOE/M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Knowledge of industrial communications protocols such as Modbus/ASCII and Modbus/TCP
- Experience in micro-controller software development using C or other high level programming language
- Practical, hands-on experience of working with industrial controller networks, especially fibre optics, Ethernet and RS-485 and CAN
- Basic understanding of digital electronics and embedded system design including communications using I2C and SPI
- Prior experience with some or all of the following: SCADA; relational databases, especially using Microsoft SQL Server, .NET entity framework, and LINQ; HTML, CSS, JQuery, ASP.NET, PHP, CitectSCADA, Cicode programming with Venom-SC or Venom2 programming using VM1 and VM2 controllers; and PSTN and GSM