As a Software Engineer at Sundog, you will be encouraged to explore new technologies and collaborate with our experts to develop mobile and cloud-based solutions. You thrive in a technology agnostic environment where you can adapt and learn about the latest Android, iOS and cloud computing advances. You'll enjoy flexible scheduling, conference/training opportunities and our exclusive Experts Program that pays you to research technology you're passionate about.
Sundog was recognized on Advertising Age magazine's list of the "Best Places to Work in the Marketing and Media industry" in 2011 & 2012.
WHY YOU’D LOVE THIS JOB
- You love to develop high-quality, technical solutions in a test-driven development environment
- You have a passion for innovation, keeping up with trends and continuous education related to the web, mobile web, and social media technologies
- You are obsessed with excellence and quality
- You enjoy working with clients and internal teams to brainstorm solutions as a technical expert
- You are team focused and actively contribute to development and coding standards
- You are committed to meeting project timelines and budget
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE SUNDOG TABLE
- You are methodical and organized; comfortably managing multiple projects and priorities
- You are talented at explaining complex topics clearly and concisely to colleagues and clients
- You have experience integrating applications using web services, ETL and other integration tools
- You have deep analytical skills enabling you to comprehend complex systems and processes.
- You have the background and education to be successful. BS degree in Computer Science or Engineer (or equivalent training/experience) and 2+ years’ experience in developing object-oriented technical solutions in a professional capacity
- You are a developer at heart and demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following development languages; Java, .NET, Python, Ruby, C++ and/or APEX.
- You have a working knowledge of modern web technologies including cloud-based APIs and protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- You know how to build great software and understand the development lifecycle including functional & technical specification, documentation, QA processes, source control (SVN), maintenance, continuous integration, and deployment
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a sense of humor and a work-hard/play-hard mindset
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Prior development experience with a professional consulting organization
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Siebel, SAP CRM)
- Knowledge of enterprise systems, CRM, SFA, and ERP
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Azure, Google and/or Amazon web platforms
- Experience with the Force.com platform including objects, workflows, formulas, etc.
- Experience with Apex and Visualforce programming languages as well as the Force.com data model and API's
- Experience with iOS, Android, and WP7 platforms/development
A BIT MORE INFORMATION
- Open to travel – Often, we will use video and web conferencing technologies to bridge geographic distances, but you may need to visit clients on-site. A Software Engineer should be available to travel for short trips, typically less than two days a month.