We are currently looking for two talented and creative Software Engineers to join our Information Technology/Development team within our rapidly growing San Francisco office.
The ideal candidates will be confident and highly organized self-starters with first class communication and problem solving skills. Previous experience working in a fast paced environment is a must. The successful candidates will be responsible for developing innovative approaches to the assessment, organization and reuse of ideas and data and to make a difference in the transformation of research communication.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Work with members of the development team to enhance PLOS core product features and develop new ones.
- Work with cutting edge Open Source technologies. Will rely on past experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Will perform a variety of complicated tasks. Assist the development team in solving complex technical problems.
- Contribute to the platform architecture.
- Work with the Product team to create technical documentation.
Apply now | Return to top
- 3-5 years of experience in Java development. Familiar using a variety of development tools like Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Camel/Active MQ and Solr.
- College graduate preferred. BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong software design skills.
- Experience working with MySQL and NoSQL databases.
- Previous participation in Agile/Scrum processes is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well both in a team and individually.
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude and dedication to the job.
- Contribution to an Open Source software project is a plus.
The Public Library of Science (PLoS) - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard