The Current Awareness team develops and maintains Analytical and Administration applications within the Web of Knowledge, a web-based product sold by the Academic and Government strategic business unit within Thomson Scientific. Software Engineers are involved in all phases of a project including planning, development, testing, and ongoing support.
Under minimum or no supervision, performs any of the following tasks:
Under moderate supervision and coaching, begin to apply and learn how to:
- Develops detailed program designs
- Develops technical specifications
- Establish programming time schedules
- Develops system test plans and evaluates results
- Prepares and evaluates program level and job level documentation
- Performs and oversees implementation and turnover
- Reports task status
- Meets deliverables
- Ensures adherence to all applicable standards
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Work with business users to identify, analyze, and define business problems and opportunities
- Prepare time and resource estimates
About the IP & Science Business of Thomson Reuters
The IP & Science business is a global provider of information solutions to assist professionals at every stage of research and development and ensure they maintain and extract maximum value from their intellectual assets.
IP & Science is part of Thomson Reuters (
), the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. Scientific information solutions can be found at
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be experienced with product/project life-cycle methodologies and have knowledge of Internet web development in a Unix/Linux server environment with both Windows and Mac desktop clients.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of working effectively with technology and proven track record of ability to deliver complex software offerings.
- 3+ years of experience on Web-specific development.
- 1+ years experience demonstrated experience with Perl, CGI.
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux and SQL commands.
- Working knowledge of Unix Tool Sets.
- Software –Perl, Apache Web Server, mod_perl, Tomcat 5.x, Eclipse, Ant, Subversion/CVS a plus.
- Experience with JUNIT, JSP Tags, and EJB a plus.
- Experience developing in the Apache Struts Web Application framework a major plus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
- Strong team player who is able to work well among and across other teams.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrable strong problem solving and analytical skills.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).
IP & Science Technology
Thomson Reuters - 12 months ago
Financial information is king and Thomson Reuters Corporation holds the crown. The company is the market leader in financial data (ahead of...