Tyler Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer to be responsible for the research, analysis, development, coding and testing of new hardware, software, and service solutions in accordance with department and company standards. This Engineer also explores new technologies and determines the potential value and impact to the organization.
- Research high level abstract concepts to determine viability and potential impact on Tyler products.
- Create proof of concept prototypes.
- Analyze user needs in order to create functional specifications.
- Utilize department and company procedures and tools to complete the reporting and tracking requirements in support of the software development lifecycle.
- Design and develop software solutions that are practical, extensible and maintainable.
- Create extensive project documentation including white papers, training materials, management reports, installation notes and user documentation.
- Troubleshoot complex software problems and environments.
- Conduct internal seminars to assist in the dissemination of new products.
- Attend industry seminars and training to develop an understanding of emerging technologies.
- The incumbent may be required to obtain certification in an area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or comparable work experience.
- Five years of analysis and programming experience in current technologies preferred.
- Microsoft programming experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to research complex technological problems, formulate recommendations, and build technically sound solutions.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven mobile development experience (iOS, Objective C, Windows 8, Windows Phone
Tyler Technologies - 13 months ago