We are looking for talented and passionate software developers to join UrbanBound. You'll be joining a team that has a history of building successful software products and businesses. We have a solid product to build upon, a list of customers (including multi-national brands) and are preparing for rapid growth as we innovate an industry that's ripe for disruption. We have an innovative and demanding environment where, refreshingly, people have just as high expectations of themselves as they have of others. Our product is built utilizing Ruby on Rails as well as front-end technologies such as jQuery and responsive design. Our software development practices are heavily influenced by Behavior Driven Development and Extreme Programming (XP) engineering practices. The product you will be working on is critical to our business. We don't compromise quality just to meet arbitrary deadlines. We hate technical debt and untested code. We follow Agile/Kanban practices and know it is better to delay a release until it's ready when necessary. Our user experience design philosophy is based on agile, lean and user centric design.
What you should have
- Familiarity with Agile methods including Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, Refactoring, Simple Design and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Ruby on Rails development and deployment
- Extensive skills with at least one modern language in addition to Ruby - such as Java or C#
- Mastery of object oriented design and design patterns
- Self motivated personality
- Seek to share knowledge and be a part of the Chicago technology community
- Have experience with HTML, CSS, jQuery, RSpec, Git and Front-End Web Development
- We prefer familiarity with product design, visual design for the web and/or user experience design
UrbanBound - 5 months ago
Urbanbound is an entirely new way to transition into a new job and new city. We know that moving to a new city can be scary and overwhelming...