VEVO, the world's leading online music service, is hiring software engineers. We have smart, productive engineers, but a casual atmosphere. We offer compelling things:
Check us out: www.vevo.com. Get our iPhone app. Get our Android app. Watch us on Google TV or Boxee. Get Party Rock Anthem stuck in your head. We won’t hold it against you.
- We get to work on a real product that millions of people use and love.
- We have interesting problems at the largest scale. Those scalability articles and blog posts you’ve read? We apply those in the real world every day. 3k requests per second, 3 billion streams per month, and 850 cloud computers simultaneously encoding videos. These are the types of good problems we’re fortunate to have.
- We offer the flexibility to work on a variety of platforms, with various tools, with help from a diversely talented staff. You name a platform; we probably have a presence on it, and write and maintain the code in-house.
That’s us. What about you? We expect that during an interview, in a few quick minutes you can do something like one of these:
- Write an extension method to do some useful string manipulation
- OR write some JS that, based on a mouse event can load external content and display it
- OR talk about why you like Node or Django or Rails over the current MS web stack. We have a lot of platforms, and we’re diverse
- OR come up with some pseudo code and data structures to implement a feature
- OR talk about design patterns or testability
- Work in agile teams to develop, maintain, and innovate on web and back-end systems across the VEVO network.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders, and make implementation decisions.
- Work with several team members to iterate quickly in short development cycles.
- Make scalable design decisions, and optimize applications for performance.
- Write unit tests and browser-based test scripts.
Please include a brief cover letter. For example, a quick description of your tech background is enough. If you can share them, links to online work are encouraged. Salary commensurate with experience. Applicants may be asked to submit code samples or implement a sample project.
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET 3.5+ Framework. We’d consider experience with alternative technology stacks for a strong candidate
- Strong OOP and N-tier design experience
- Understand web technologies and industry best practices
- Huge Plus: Experience with Objective-C for iOS
- Huge Plus: Experience with Android
- Huge Plus: Experience with ORM (Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL)
- Passion for music
Vevo - 9 months ago