Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Electronics Research Laboratory represents the Volkswagen Group in applied research and development. Our mission is to develop innovations and technologies for future generations of cars, and to transfer technologies from many industries into the automotive domain.
The position will design and develop software and interfaces for in-vehicle applications, and generate tools for analyzing large data sets from multiple sources, to be used in automotive applications.
The position will design and develop vehicle interfaces for computers, mobile devices, and other subsystems, as well as user interface for in-vehicle use of new technologies. This position will require the development of software for data acquisition and analysis. This position will also develop software and applications for mobile devices, and interfaces for them to vehicle systems (i.e. car-to-mobile, car-to-cloud), thus, a good working knowledge of software/hardware communication protocols is required. Suitable candidates will be skilled at object-oriented programming methods, be able to understand and analyze software requirements, and create reliable and robust software architectures for both prototype and production-ready applications. The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of the Volkswagen Group infotainment platforms, including hardware and software architecture, as well as installation and configurations procedures. The position will take an innovative, hands-on, and prototyping approach to our project work.
M.S. in Engineering, Product Design, Computer Science
Specialized skills, knowledge or certifications unique to this role
· Skilled with application programming languages like Actionscrip, Java, etc.
· Strong programming skills in C/C /C#, Objective-C, HTML5, Java script, CSS, iOS, Android
· Experience programing in multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOSX, etc.)
· Experience in embedded programing, and real-time systems
· Experience in communication protocols for interfacing electronic systems (SPI, ZigBee, UART, CAN, etc.)
· Strong ability to learn new skills
· Skills in computer graphics (OpenGL)
· Skills in computer vision (OpenCV)
· Skills in Machine learning, data analysis, and artificial intelligence
· Knowledge of digital display technologies, instrumentation, visualization in automotive environment
· Knowledge of electronics, and electromechanical systems
· Automotive experience
· Graphic User Interface design, and experience is 2D and 3D design software like Flash, 3D studio Max, UI Composer, Rhinoceros, etc.
· Experienced in interactive interface design
· Knowledge of electronics and embedded design
Work flexibility (travel requirements, work schedule, etc.)
Domestic travel for meeting partners, attending conferences, and participation in demonstration shows (2 weeks/yr)
International travel for meeting partners, attending conferences, and participation in demonstration shows (2 weeks/yr)
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free environment and perform pre-employment drug testing.
Volkswagen Group of America
- 3 years ago - save job
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, the world's fourth largest automaker and the largest...