Responsible for the creation of the software for game related products. Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the timely completion and thorough implementation of all tasks assigned to them.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively contribute to the ongoing software design and development process of the studio.
- Assist in the development of any technical strategies as required.
- Work with senior members of team to develop designs for assigned tasks. Provide the Studio Lead: Software with timely accurate reports
- Deliver quality work with clear, well-commented code as scheduled in accordance with technical design and product requirements
- Monitor the technical and game design process and appropriately communicate feedback
- Contribute to development of interfaces, libraries and utilities
- Creat or update documentation related to new features, interfaces, usage, etc
- Actively contribute to product reviews on target hardware
- Develop understanding of software implementation plans and game development strategies
- Remain current on competitive products and solutions through independent research
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Object Oriented Programming
- C++ or Java
- Software Design
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 2+ years experience working with computer software required
- 1+ years of C++ experience required
- Experience with development tools including debuggers, bug tracking and source controll systems required.
WMS is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that WMS conducts business. If you are requested by WMS to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with WMS may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
- Game development experience a plus but not required
- LINUX or UNIX experience preferred
- User interface implementation experience preferred
- Familiarity with graphics engines preferred (Open GL, Direct X or other API's)
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. WMS encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
WMS Gaming Inc. - 13 months ago
The reels keep spinning and the jackpots keep flowing, thanks to this company. WMS Industries is a leading manufacturer of casino gaming...