Responsible for the creation of the software for game related products. Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the timely completion and thorough implementation of all tasks assigned to them.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively contribute to the ongoing software design and development process of the studio.
- Assist in the development of any technical strategies as required.
- Work with senior members of team to develop designs for assigned tasks. Provide the Studio Lead: Software with timely accurate reports
- Deliver quality work with clear, well-commented code as scheduled in accordance with technical design and product requirements
- Monitor the technical and game design process and appropriately communicate feedback
- Contribute to development of interfaces, libraries and utilities
- Creat or update documentation related to new features, interfaces, usage, etc
- Actively contribute to product reviews on target hardware
- Develop understanding of software implementation plans and game development strategies
- Remain current on competitive products and solutions through independent research
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Object Oriented Programming
- C++ or Java
- Software Design
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 2+ years experience working with computer software required
- 1+ years of C++ experience required
- Experience with development tools including debuggers, bug tracking and source controll systems required.
WMS is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that WMS conducts business. If you are requested by WMS to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with WMS may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
- Game development experience a plus but not required
- LINUX or UNIX experience preferred
- User interface implementation experience preferred
- Familiarity with graphics engines preferred (Open GL, Direct X or other API's)
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. WMS encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
The reels keep spinning and the jackpots keep flowing, thanks to this company. WMS Industries is a leading manufacturer of casino gaming...