Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online (WDPRO) is the digital media arm of Parks and Resorts segment. Through our award-winning websites, we provide a digital portal to magical travel destinations such as the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, the Disneyland® Resort in California and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. At WDPRO, we also have designed and created websites for Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and Disney Vacation Club.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the software development field
• 3+ years of software design and implementation experience. Preferably on the web.
• Disciplined approach to software development. Includes adhering to and enforcing engineering best practices.
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Candidate will be judged on ability to work effectively with project teams. The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
• Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
• Strong understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals.
• Strong Java expertise with a proven record of creating commercial quality software for the web.
• Experience in creating estimates for small to medium projects.
• Outstanding problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to create/contribute to robust commercial applications.
• Exceptional time management skills.
• Experience with core web technologies; specifically LAMP. J2EE, Java Servlets, Java Beans, JDBC, SQL, JSP, and IIS
• Strong understanding of common delivery and communication technologies including HTTP, SSL, SMTP, UDP, TCP/IP, RMI
This position is with the legal entity of WDPRO.
Disney - 14 months ago