Founded in 1997, eHealth was responsible for the nation’s first online sale of a health insurance policy. With over 3+ million sold members, eHealth is the leading online source of health insurance for individuals, families and small businesses. We have partnerships with more than 180 health insurance companies, offering more than 10,000 health insurance products online.
Want to improve and innovate the online health insurance web broker system to help millions of people enroll Obamacare health plans? This is a great opportunity for talented engineers to excel. We are seeking engineers who have expertise in software development to build and maintain robust platform and services for the health insurance web broker system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work closely with business and product managers to analyze and understand the project requirements
- Work with project team to design and implement the system that follows the project requirement and deliver with good quality.
- Understand and support existing systems, including resolving operational issues while working with teams located across the globe
- Own and be accountable for the success of the system deliverables
- 2+ years of extensive hands-on experience with Java and its server side technologies (Java 1.6+, Spring, Hibernate, Multi-threading, Tomcat, Apache)
- Experience with Node.js server side programming is a plus
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills; ability to think creatively
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Java SOAP web services framework, such as Apache CXF.
- Experience with SSO/SAML technologies a plus
- Proficiency in SQL and relational and NoSQL databases
- Thorough understanding of server programming and web service (SOAP, REST) integration practices
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- BS degree in Computer Science and/or MS in Computer Science a plus
- Experience with the eclipse IDE and other text editors for programmers
- Experience with version control (P4V, Subversion)
- Experience with the Linux terminal commands and deal with Linux servers
eHealth is a profitable, growing, public company (NasdaqGM: EHTH)
We offer full-time employees very competitive salaries, bonus plan, comprehensive benefit plan, 401-K, stock options, generous paid time off and more.
Headquartered in Mountain View, California, eHealth also maintains offices in San Francisco, CA; Gold River, CA; Westford, MA; Salt Lake City, UT; and Washington DC.
eHealth is an equal opportunity employer .
eHealth - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard