Job ID #: 21858
Company : Egencia
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Information Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelors
Experience Required : 3-5 Years
Relocation Provided : To be determined
Egencia is the fifth largest travel management company in the world. As part of Expedia, Inc., the world's largest travel marketplace, Egencia helps businesses get ahead by offering the only truly integrated corporate travel service. Egencia's industry expertise helps drive results that matter, delivering meaningful advancements that have a real impact. By combining a powerful offline and online service, Egencia delivers a complete corporate travel offering supported by global market expertise and a best-in-class technology platform.
Egencia is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer in Test II (previous known as SDET II) to work on Egencia’s technology platform. The goal for the automation platform is to help ensure we deliver the highest quality to our customers.
- Works on all stages of a product from conception to completion. Knows the business and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Identifies own goals and determines how to achieve them; works independently.
- Collaborate with the development team to create strategy for unit testing, leverage continuous integration environments and test harnesses for check-ins.
- Represent quality in any technical discussion, decision and design involved during product development.
- Drive test strategy, build domain expertise, mentor and train other engineers in the team.
- Provides inputs to Development on software design and on ways to increase product testability to support more extensive test automation.
- Mentors others as necessary. Can skillfully navigate tough situations both internally and externally. Understands the needs of customers and of groups dependent on the work of the team, and uses this understanding to drive test automation.
- Write complex test codes to implement a test design. Set up a test automation and execution framework. Implements key steps that are used by several test cases. Puts together the key steps to build an automated suite of test cases. Executes test cases if needed and reports results.
- Collects and analyzes multiple metrics around testing.
- Serves as a technical leader within the organization. Coordinate program level work between onshore and offshore. Creates and manages testing schedules.
- Proactively looks for potential quality issues. Moderates Technical Reviews and runs Root Cause Analysis sessions. Involved from product inception.
- Finds and applies industry standard testing methodologies and technologies. Has a broad understanding of technologies used within the company.
- Evangelizes innovative use of technology.
About Expedia, Inc.
- 3+ years experience in software testing and development.
- Solid design and development skills in Java, Junit, C#/C++/C.
- Experience with a test automation framework preferably Selenium II.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, relational databases & XML preferred.
- Strong background in SOA test methodologies a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Internet technologies is required.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 2 years ago
Egencia makes business travel better.