Accusoft Corporation is currently seeking a Software Engineer in Test (SEIT) to join our Quality Assurance Team in Tampa, Florida.
The Software Engineer in Test will conduct testing for Software Toolkits and Applications in the Managed Code Product Group portfolio of products.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and execute tests of software applications and toolkits in the portfolio of Managed Code Group products.
- Participate in definition of acceptance criteria and customer use cases, understand product requirements and risks, and implement effective QA strategy for product delivery.
- Develop automated test software, including: test frameworks, applications, and utilities.
- Analyze needs for QA tools, provide evaluation and purchase recommendations.
- Conduct test cases and exploratory testing on new builds of the products to determine its readiness for deployment to production
- Verify the correctness of new features as well as defect fixes
- Seek to improve processes with a focus on quality and efficiency
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or equivalent ; 2 or more years of real industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED TECHNOLOGIES/SKILLS (Must Have):
- Experience in designing and implementing automated tests for Web applications
- Experience in building advanced automated test suites using object-oriented design principles for high re-usability and maintainability
- Experience with test development in C#. Ruby, Java or similar language a plus
- A strong understanding of building Acceptance tests
- Experience in browser compatibility testing and familiarity w/ browser development tools for debugging and testing
- Experience with Continuous integration tools i.e Team City, Jenkins etc
PREFERRED SKILLS (Nice to Have):
- Experience in behavior driven development using Specflow for .Net, Selenium and NUnit, Js a plus
- Experience in designing and implementing automated tests for mobile platforms iOS, Android
- OS: Linux experience, including but not limited to Red Hat / Fedora (CentOS), Debian (Ubuntu) & SUSE
- Web Servers: Apache, TomCat, IIS 7/7.5
- An understanding at a broad level of cloud computing: e.g. Azure, Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge and experience in testing web technologies including ASP.NET, WCF, Flash/SWF
- Java development experience
- Windows experience: Server 2003 and 2008
- Skills and experience in exploratory and scripted testing
- Design and execution of test cases
- Familiarity with functional, regression, integration, acceptance, and black box testing
- Familiarity with SQA methodologies and SDLC processes
- Mobile testing skills desired but not required
- A basic understanding of non-functional QA concerns (e.g. performance, usability and security)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communication skills - Very effective at providing timely, concise, audience-appropriate information orally and in writing
- Teamwork and relationships with others — Strong collaboration and team-building skills
- Work habits and productivity — Able to maximize time to produce high-quality results
- Customer focus —Committed to meeting internal and external customer expectations
- Innovation and Process focus - Demonstrates initiative in process improvements
ACCUSOFT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Founded in 1991, Accusoft brings together an extremely talented, intelligent group of people to solve challenges and work together on some of the most sophisticated imaging technology in the world. As the company grows, management wishes to continually nurture the "small company" feeling it was founded with, and combine that with "large company" benefits, processes, and structure. A testament to this great environment is the fact that many Accusoft employees have been with the company for 10 years or longer. Complimentary sodas, coffee, and snacks are also provided. Accusoft is a privately held, profitable, growing business, as measured by substantial year to year revenue growth. Accusoft develops image compression, content recognition, and document viewing technologies and integrates them into software development toolkits and applications. For a list of our product line-up, visit our website: www.accusoft.com.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salaries and excellent benefits are provided with a minimum waiting period. Some of our benefits include 401k, vacation, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, stock option plan, comprehensive health and dental plan, company paid short term, long term, and life insurance, a fun family oriented environment, and more! Join our team in Tampa, FL for a rewarding career in digital imaging!
Accusoft Corporation - 7 months ago
Founded in 1985, AccuSoft is the leading supplier of high-performance imaging SDKs, imaging processing and data analysis software....