Knewton is revolutionizing the practice of education with the world ’s most powerful Adaptive Learning Platform. We are a startup rich in eclectic personalities, are ridiculously dedicated, and are unified around a passion for democratizing education. We have also been recognized as a Technology Pioneer at the World Economic Forum in Davos and one of the top 25 best places to work by Crain ’s New York Business. |
Bugs are a part of life. At most software companies, the only thing a bug will eat is a portion of the bottom line. At Knewton, bugs have the potential to eat and destroy things that are a lot more important than the bottom line- The learning process.
WE HATE BUGS.
Building tools to test our platform. The scope of these tools will vary, from the very large (analyses of production data to identify suboptimal student experiences), to the very small (writing regression suites to validate integrity of 3rd-party integration points). Your work will intersect with that of developers and data scientists to find and remedy engineering defects. You will also play a critical role in the design, review, and implementation of testing strategies.
Benefits include Macs with huge monitors, a kitchen filled with your favorite treats, flexible hours, frequent guest speakers, company-sponsored training and conferences, excellent health benefits, equity, and a chance to do meaningful, cutting-edge work.
- You have a track record of releasing tested, scalable, performant software.
- You are meticulous in your attention to detail: untested software hurts you EMOTIONALLY; broken software hurts you PHYSICALLY.
- You are familiar with the JVM and are fluent in at least one higher-level scripting language. (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- You have experience with Linux, SQL databases, and distributed systems.
- You are a hacker at heart, with wide and varied interests (I°ll show you my github account if you show me yours...)
- You don°t trust manual processes.
Knewton - 24 months ago