with MongoDB, Search, and IR Experience
To Apply for this job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cloudwords is seeking a Software Engineer who has practical experience using MongoDB with large data volumes, who has a solid background in Search and Information Retrieval concepts.
As a critical member of the development team reporting to the CTO, the engineer will serve as both individual contributor and technical lead of a dedicated team. The focus will be on extending, enhancing, and scaling our cutting edge MongoDB-backed Information Retrieval system, which will need to handle massive amounts of structured and unstructured content stored by Cloudwords customers. This system provides rich dimensioning and classification of content, along with unparalleled speed and accuracy, and will be part of the critical path to making our company a huge success.
Specifically, Cloudwords is looking for candidates who share these qualities and values:
- Feels passionate about software development, and craves shaping and delivering products from the ground up
- Strives to be a key creator and leader in the development of emerging technology
- Enjoys being a self-starter who takes initiative in solving hard problems while managing their own time
- Appreciates lively discussions and debating technical issues
- Is results oriented, who executes with quality and strives to deliver at or under deadlines
- 5+ years of professional Java development
- 5+ years of web-based programming
- 3+ years of working with a relational database and SQL
- 2+ years of working with MongoDB
- Practical, hands on experience designing, building, and tuning a Search and Information Retrieval system
- Experience in these areas: semantic data analysis, Natural Language Processing, data classification, search relevance, search scoring, search ranking, etc.
- Experience with Information Retrieval systems that manage multi-lingual content
- Experience designing and analyzing how hardware and software architecture is combined to deliver highly scalable solutions
- Practical, hands on experience with distributed computing and data storage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related Electronics/Engineering disciplines
- Experience with technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Mahout, or similar distributed clustering technologies
- Experience with Lucene, Solr, or similar Java search engines
- Experience building enterprise business applications
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science with an emphasis on Information Retrieval
Cloudwords, Inc. - 16 months ago