Software Engineering - Seattle Game Studio
Zynga is looking for strong software engineers to join our growing team! You'll be responsible for owning the development and architecture of both our up-and-coming as well as existing current hits. Are you ready to put your ideas into games that will be played instantly by millions?
We are committed to developing high quality casual and multi player games! Come join us ... we're having a ball!
The best candidates will have solid experience developing web applications utilizing Web 2.0 technologies and a love of games. Facebook platform and scaling experience is a huge plus. You will be joining a team that is committed to working on high quality code in a PHP/LAMP/Flash/Actionscript environment.
You will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles, which have several million users across multiple social networks. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Strong Object Oriented skills preferred
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems and challenges.
Nice to Have:
- Facebook and/or other social platform experience
- Comfortable working with huge data sets and massively high concurrent-user load
- Experience working on games
- Experience with sharding and/or sharded databases a plus
- Experience integrating UI with backend services.
- 2+ years of Relevant Industry Experience.
Zynga - 17 months ago