The OMES Software Engineering Group’s focus is on providing the knowledge and capabilities required to design, develop, test and verify world-class software solutions for both ground and spaceflight systems that are developed at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). This includes management/implementation of command/control systems, data acquisition systems, mission scheduling systems, ground communications systems, systems to monitor spacecraft health, observatory instruments, and supporting technologies (software development languages, communications protocols, advanced front-end processors, data security, etc.).
Detailed descriptions of these roles are provided below:
The OMES Software Engineering Group Lead (GL) will mentor members of the group as a discipline expert in the areas of software development, NASA design practices such as NPR 7150.2 (NASA Software Engineering Requirements), GOLD Rules, and CMMI. This mentorship periodically requires direct involvement in the analysis and resolution of software development problems on the projects. This oversight includes all phases of software development from requirements, through coding, integration, test, and requirements verification.
The OMES Software Engineering GL will be responsible for the following supervisory responsibilities:
• Ensure that software engineers within the assigned group receive the necessary tools and training to perform their job on OMES contract assignments.
• Provide performance feedback to software engineers throughout the year and provide annual reviews founded in objective performance measures for each individual.
• Develop and maintain an organization that may include lower level supervisors to provide technical leadership and oversight roles.
• Technical: At least 10 years of relevant experience in all phases of software development following NASA software development processes. Experience with NASA policies & procedures regarding software engineering.
• Task Leadership: At least 3 years of demonstrated success at meeting technical goals for multiple tasks on NASA task order engineering services contracts. Experience managing large multi-disciplinary teams and engineers (from junior to senior levels), is desired.
• Business Experience: At least 3 years of demonstrated success at planning and delivering software systems and products, preferably while managing multiple tasks to within planned budgets. This includes working with NASA customers and subcontractors, evaluating success and anomalous task performance, and re-planning tasks as needed. Experience in NASA proposal development supporting responses, as an individual contributor or volume lead, is desired.
• Supervisory Experience: Experience managing a group of at least 10 software engineers. Experience managing direct reports of more than 30, and “managing managers”, a strong plus.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors of Science degree in computer science or similar technical degree. M.S. preferred
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), a space systems engineering, science and IT services company, was founded in 1994. Headquartered in...