Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry.
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
We are currently seeking Software Engineer Interns to join our Washington, DC office for the summer. The ideal candidate will start in May and work fulltime through mid-August.
The Software Engineer Intern will be involved in several aspects of the development process including proof-of-concept type coding, web research, and providing feedback to development team. This is a hands-on role working directly with development engineers.
Positions are available seeking expertise in one of two areas:
(2) Background in machine learning, natural language processing or knowledge representation. Coding experience using open source tools dealing with these areas is preferred.
Ideal candidates will be enrolled in a Masters or Doctorate level degree program in Computer Science.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...