This is a professional position responsible for leading and supervising a team of embedded software / firmware engineers as they deliver solutions exceeding customer expectation with new products on time and within budget.
- Achieves department objectives by recruiting, training, scheduling, coaching, motivating, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Communicates expectations and accountability by assigning, monitoring, appraising, reviewing individual and team contributions consistent with the objectives of the project, department and organization.
- Supervises and lead engineers who plan, design and develop products for the US Cable industry.
- Meets department financial objectives by forecasting and preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions as needed.
- Provides consultation on essential technical details during negotiations with contractors and third party suppliers.
- Ensures that the team is consistent and efficiently working with US Cable development processes by monitoring, reviewing and continuously improving the development process to optimize the effectiveness of the department.
- Coordinates activities with other groups, organizations, internal and external customers.
- Ensures the smooth running of all the projects within the department to achieve commitments by reviewing progress reports and provide guidance on corrective actions when variances to plan are detected and escalate in a timely manner when needed.
- Works with Technical Account Management team on the Software release specification approval process and ensuring these specifications accurately reflect the requirements.
- This position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent Leadership and Motivation skills required.
- Strong Project Management skills required.
- Some knowledge of programming languages, in particular embedded C/C++ is required.
- Knowledge of Linux Operating system would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills are required
- Must have ability to interact within a team or work in isolation without close supervision. Must be an effective communicator especially within a technical arena.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL/VISUAL/HEARING ABILITIES
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience with at least 5 years of engineering management in firmware or embedded development environment.
- B.S degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science or Technology discipline is required.
- Requires knowledge in utilizing the full software engineering life cycle and using appropriate Structured Design Methodologies.
- Experience in Real Time Applications and Multi–tasking Operating Systems is a must.
- Set top box experience is a major plus.
- Must possess embedded software design experience.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design Methodologies and their use in Java and C++ programming would be an advantage.
- Ability to perform light lifting in the handling of work materials and equipment.
- Requires visual skills necessary for reviewing a considerable amount of written materials for the accurate maintenance of information and records.
- Requires visual and auditory skills for making small and medium size group presentations.
COPY OF ANY REQUIRED CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
- Email a friend this opportunity