Incumbent serves as a Manager of Special Projects and Software Engineering, responsible for leading, motivating and inspiring software engineers on various projects to ensure timeliness and quality. This position manages technical personnel and manages engineering projects and releases.
- Provide technical guidance to stakeholders when gathering business requirements.
- Give technical assistance to software developers during implementation of features.
- Provide project management assistance to software engineers and management for software releases.
- Address issues of a technical, procedural, administrative, or personal nature with employees in a timely and professional manner.
- Enable software engineers by removing road blocks, answering questions, and bringing stakeholders together.
- Perform some software development and maintenance.
- Manage expectations and progress of projects for IT management as well as other business stakeholders.
- Manage engineering and other project staff with responsibilities including but not limited to: hiring, terminating, training, assigning work, evaluating work, and determining quality and quantity of work.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer engineering, or related degree.
- Possession of a graduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in software engineering and development.
- PMI and PMP certification is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced technical knowledge in programming and full life cycle application development.
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Knowledge of software development and project management processes.
- Knowledge in commercial mobile development.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Skills in modeling, simulation, testing, quality assurance, usability, automation and coding.
- Skills in coordinating activities, organization, active listening, and monitoring performance.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Skills in general office software (ex: MS Office), email, spreadsheets, image editing, calendars, phone systems and more.
- Skills in the management of personnel, finances, and other resources.
- Ability to develop teams, strategies, relationships and cooperation.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc) with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information and have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
- Ability to piece together conclusions and apply rules to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to work with outside vendors and 3 rd party contractors in a professional manner.
- Ability to sit the entire work day viewing a computer monitor.
- Some evening work may be occasionally required for deployments and releases and this position occasionally requires more than 40 hours of work per week.
- This position spends a majority of time dedicated to supervisory activities and oversees a team of approximately 10 people.
Angie's List - 21 months ago
Learn about our unique company culture at careers.angieslist.com!
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Angie's List helps consumers find...