Cisco’s Cloud Security team develops next-generation technologies to secure our customers from a wide range of security threats, malware and inappropriate content. We pioneered the SaaS model in security, and have already launched massively scaled products that are changing the way our customers protect themselves and their users.
We are now taking advantage of Cisco’s market-leading position in networking to deliver our cloud services into a wide range of appliances from firewalls to routers. To achieve this, we are building a team to design, code and qualify a range of services running within other Cisco devices on the customer network.
To lead this team, we are looking to bring on an experienced and motivational Software Engineering Manager. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of the design, development and testing of the software, and partner to ensure it is effectively integrated into the network appliances.
You will manage a group of 8-10 QA and Software Engineers. You will own all aspects of line and project management, and be directly responsible for the delivery of the projects in your team. You will also focus on creating the right kind of empowering, creative culture for engineers to thrive in. A background in an Agile software development environment is a must, since this underpins all our processes.
• Day-to-day leadership of the Engineering team.
• Partnering with Product Management to ensure the team has a clear strategic direction and roadmap.
• Resource allocation for key projects.
• Coaching engineers to develop their full potential.
• Project planning – identifying, scoping, prioritizing, tracking and reporting deliverables and milestones.
• Managing risk and issues.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Extensive background in Engineering, preferably within multi-national environments.
• High level of interest in network security with relevant experience in development of network security software.
• Results focused with a track record of success working in an Agile environment.
• Effective use of automation and continuous integration
• Proven effectiveness in managing to prescribed defect goals for releases.
• Drive quality through effective design and code reviews
• Experience building and managing a team of Software Engineers, both onshore and offshore.
• Good understanding of software development in C/C++, Object Oriented Programming with experience in a Linux (or Unix) environment
• An exceptional mentor and leader with a passion for continuous improvement.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills.
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
• Pro-active, flexible and a people person.
Cisco Systems - 2 years ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...