Software Engineering Manager
Come join the team as a Software Engineering Manager to lead a team of our talented software engineers responsible for the architecture, development, and product innovation. In this position, you will foster and grow our key asset - our engineering team - so that they can reach their maximum potential to meet their goals and create a Center of Excellence for Product Development at our Redwood City, CA office.
What you will do:
What you will need to do this role:
- Work with and manage software engineers, helping them understand their goals and removing obstacles preventing them from reaching their goals
- Regularly conduct 1:1 meetings to receive feedback and provide mentoring, coaching, and career growth and development opportunities
- Collaborate with the management team to map out and resource projects, and help forecast budget, tools, training and technology needs
- Work closely with Product Owners on release planning, product delivery and continuous improvement of our engineering team and our products
- Interface with Human Resources to ensure that company policies are consistently applied and practiced
- Provide support and back-up to Scrum Masters and other engineering managers when needed
- Recruit, interview, and hire new members of the engineering team
- Surface issues to the team that may have been overlooked, such as scaling, performance, security, etc
- Stay abreast of the latest technology developments and the changing competitive landscape
What’s in it for you?
We offer an opportunity to work with great people in an innovative environment doing great things. You can expect a salary commensurate with your capabilities; a generous benefits package, and attractive corporate perks that will make you the envy of the neighborhood. If you feel your skills match then please reach out to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
- Strong engineering background as an individual contributor in development or QA, with 4+ years of experience as an established manager
- Proven track record of consistently delivering high quality customer facing software products and/or services
- Experience with and knowledge of Agile frameworks such as Scrum
- Experience mentoring talented individuals and developing teams
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Ideally have solid experience with developing highly reliable and scalable systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IPOWER - 30+ days ago