We’re looking for a smart Java or . NET developer with background in deploying and supporting enterprise Java or . NET applications. We’re advancing the state of the art in production monitoring of Java and . NET applications and are looking for a motivated and independent developer with excellent communication skills. The support specialist interacts with customers and OPNET field staff to understand new requirements and triage reported issues. This is not a technical support role – the support specialist is part of OPNET’s Java and . NET instrumentation development team, works closely with team leads and senior management, and performs independent investigation and prototyping.
Join an exceptionally talented team of software engineers at OPNET , where the work is challenging and rewarding, and our entrepreneurial environment encourages innovation and creativity.
Here’s what you should bring to the table:
Requirements for this position may vary based on division and/or projects involved. Educational qualifications are based on the position level at the time of recruitment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years Java or . NET development experience in building and debugging applications (ideally enterprise applications)
- Familiarity with common application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss is a big plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft MVC is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills – able to keep track of many ongoing discussions, investigations, and customer contacts
- Must be motivated to have an impact on our products, our company, and the state of the art.
OPNET Technologies - 10 months ago