The Software Licensing Specialist is responsible for understanding software licensing for specific software publishers.
The incumbent proactively manages contractual obligations, license entitlements, license costs and changes to licensing models and pricing.
The individual will assist with software audit readiness, license and cost modeling for volume licensing agreements and assessment of the impact any proposed changes to the infrastructure may have on software licensing.
The person in this role will work with application personnel on short- and long-term software requirements, and perform extensive financial analyses for cost-effective acquisition programs, including chargeback, viewback, and inventory control.
- Determine plans and selection criteria for acquiring information system software
- Perform extensive financial modeling for acquisition cost-effectiveness
- Develop chargeback and inventory control processes
- Develop lease/buy models for software
- Negotiate licensing agreements
- Build models for adequate system capacity for software
- Plan for major software upgrades
- Ensure that change management procedures and methodologies are applied
- Negotiate with outside suppliers to optimize the procurement of cost-effective acquisitions
- Work with senior management to review IT software resources/expenditure levels
- Establish volume purchase agreements
- Manage activities in concert with the procurement, financial and legal departments to analyze proposals and negotiate vendor contracts involved with the acquisition of software resources
- Monitor tracking systems for software acquisition and related services
- Negotiate service-level agreements for software
- Maintain regular contact with outside suppliers
- Maintain current knowledge of software changes, and planning for changes in response to dynamic business needs
- Maintain asset inventory process and personnel, while maintaining software assets
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise and manage performance of Junior Manager, Technical Support, Service Desk Analysts, IS Analysts and/or Senior IS Analysts.
- Experience managing multiple, large software deployments
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong judgment and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to establish and develop a knowledge of and concern for users’ business needs, thereby creating a high level of user trust and confidence
- Strong vendor management skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing software portfolios
- Direct software licensing experience with at least two of the following vendors:
Oracle, Microsoft, IBM
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Minimal travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower - 2 years ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...