The Software Product Manager will be responsible for managing and marketing the enterprise technology platform product at Intrexon.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts product market analyses and assesses customer needs
- Manages and prioritizes scientific requirements
- Creates and evolves software product roadmap
- Establishes collaborative relationships with key scientific leaders and partners in the field
- Assists in product marketing
- Works across multiple disciplines to bridge scientific and software requirements and functionality
- Defines the business process associated with developing a product from inception to customer delivery
- Assists in the development of the product support structure and organization
- Contributes to business plan development
- Produces product marketing collateral and software product documentation associated with new product launch
- Understands and evaluates competitive landscape and market trends to promote, differentiate, and position the product
- No direct reports initially
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S or greater in Molecular Biology, Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of industry experience in software product management in the life sciences domain
- Strong understanding of synthetic/systems biology and/or genomics
- Experience delivering software products from new product concept to release
- Experience developing and deploying production software
- Working knowledge of Agile software development process methodologies
- Working knowledge of Molecular Biology applications, tools, and workflows
- Knowledge of business applications and systems used in the biotechnology industry
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, collaborators and management.
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and use time wisely on several simultaneous projects.
- High ethical standards and trustworthiness.
Intrexon Corporation. - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Intrexon Corporation is a privately-held life sciences company headquartered at the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center in Blacksburg,...