Carestream Health is searching for another Software Program Manager in the Research & Development area within Digital Medical Solutions.
The job consists of providing overall leadership to, and management of, software product development programs including both host application and image processing software to be used in digital x-ray systems. This includes responsibility for working with individual software developers and research scientists as well as multifunctional teams to define program requirements, schedule and cost while enabling the team to meet customer and business expectations for product quality.
• Leads technical effort, product design review and program execution.
• Identifies and mitigates technical risks.
• Serves as primary technical representative for core team.
• Ensures safety and effectiveness of the product.
• Develops, maintains and drives ongoing commitment to integrated software development and delivery according to the project plan and schedule.
• Works with core product team to translate customer requirements into S/W product requirements including the creation and ownership of Product Requirement Specifications and Functional Specifications / Use Cases.
• Performs and communicates trade-off evaluation with Product Line and Program Management balancing customer needs (features), schedule, cost and quality.
• Ensures use of established processes and tools.
• Manages exceptions and ensure communication within product team.
• Responsible for creation of all design engineering gate deliverables and review of gate deliverables from other functional groups
• Interfaces with virtual and global teams to meet project commitments as needed.
• Drives tight integration with QA through the verification and validation process.
• As applicable manages L4 escalations for assigned products and ensure prompt closure.
• Manages development resources in generating and delivering patches.
• As applicable, coordinates and directs engineering activities for phase 4 and 5 to support continued operations of the product line.
• Proactively provides input and feedback to process owners regarding methods to improve efficiency and reduce cost / overhead.
• As applicable, acts as Program Commercialization Business Manager on "software only" projects:
Leading the Multifunctional Core team (including Service, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Publications, QA, Marketing, Product Line Managers).
Assisting the Product Line Manager in the conduct of Trade Trials.
Work with SW/manufacturing to effect new software into manufacturing, through process certification.
Required Skills and Experience:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
• Minimum 8 year’s software development experience.
• Minimum 4 years of software development lead or other leadership experience.
• Experience in project and product risk assessment and risk management.
• Ability to Speak Mandarin is highly desired.
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
• Systematic and well-organized.
• Experience in medical imaging highly desired, including knowledge of industry standards.
• Experience in all facets of software development including methodologies, tools and commercialization processes.
• Ability to coordinate high number of diverse parallel and sequential tasks.
• Ability to interface with people at all org. levels, customers and 3rd party vendors
Carestream Health - 2 years ago
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...