Founded in 1986, Coler & Colantonio, Inc. is a mid-size, multidisciplinary firm of engineers and scientists providing high quality engineering services across a diverse range of market segments, geographic locations (both domestic and international) and project types. We have established client bases in the energy, private and public market sectors. In the energy sector we perform feasibility studies, survey engineering, permitting & design services associated with the distribution of energy in pipelines; as well as offering a full range of asset management software. In the private sector, we offer services associated with environmental sampling and cleanup, permitting, surveying & design and construction of commercial buildings and residential subdivisions. In the public sector we offer a full range of services associated with roadways, environmental assessment and remediation, water distribution and treatment, wastewater collection and treatment and software for municipal functions
Our Land Development Sector assists residential and commercial developers with design and construction of development projects. We have worked on projects from large-scale commercial development to small estate-lot subdivisions.
Coler & Colantonio, Inc. is currently looking for a Software Project Manager to work in our main office located in Norwell, Massachusetts.
The Software Project Manager works closely with our customers and software engineers and is responsible for the successful delivery of software projects. The position is responsible for all day-to-day aspects of multiple projects including project plan creation and update, project status updates, and leading cross-functional teams to establish scope, schedule, deliverables and budgets. This Software Project Management position requires experience with mainstream software development methodologies. The Project Manager will work closely with software engineers developing desktop, web and mobile solutions. This is an opportunity to develop industry leading solutions for major energy companies around the world.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated project management success as well as experience working with complex GIS data management and pipeline integrity management applications. Software development experience is strongly preferred, but not required. The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative and dynamic environment to support large enterprise asset management systems. Experience with Agile development methodologies and enterprise databases is preferred.
While not necessary, it is preferred for the candidate to have Esri GIS knowledge with relevant experience with pipelines or utilities.
• Create project plans and manage and track projects to the plan
• Manage project scope, schedule, deliverables, and risks within constrained budgets
• Apply appropriate development and project management methodologies to project
• Work closely with and sales personnel to develop project proposals
• Prepare, update and deliver regular project status updates
• Facilitate technical project tasks including database modeling and application architecture
• Coordinate with Product Managers and engineers
• Coordinate QA, documentation, implementation, training and support
• Understand the technical nature of project scope and requirements
• Assist Sales and Marketing as needed
Desired Skills or Qualifications:
• University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in software project management
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Highly motivated, able to work independently and in a team
• Experience with Esri GIS platforms
• Operations and/or engineering experience within a pipeline or utility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer