We're looking for a Software Program/Project Manager to help execute large, multi-function, multi-team software, mobile and web projects! The person filling this role will join the team as a core member of our product development and project management team. You will be responsible analyzing complex systems, identifying bottlenecks and designing features, tools and processes that pave the road for the software engineering team. Then, you will manage the dependencies and help clear the roadblocks to ensure that those features are delivered on time. You’ll also champion business owner’s objectives and product requirements, ensuring that milestones, progress and acceptance are visible and meet expectation.
- Be a guardian of customer experience for your deliverables: continually raise the bar on functionality, flow, consistency, usability, and simplicity
- Provide a technical interface between the product owners and the development team, thoroughly understanding the product and knowing the right questions and whom to ask
- Run in front of the software development team, helping define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, and provide guidance to the team about how to proceed
- Build and maintain a complete project schedule, make it constantly visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive it through to completion
- Help make the right feature trade-offs to ship software without compromising customer experience and business relevance
- Engage with many other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
- Represent the technical team and deliverables to senior leadership across the company
- 3+years experience managing complex technology projects
- Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
- Experience developing Internet or software products and technologies
- Bachelor's Degree or 4+years equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Quantitative analytical abilities
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Degree in computer science or engineering a plus
- Previous work experience as a software developer a plus
- Prior experience with agile methodologies a plus
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup. We ship to thousands of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
Nice to Haves:
- Chutzpah, you might have to stand up to teammates and even clients in order to get a project out on time, and sometimes that takes guts.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Full insurance benefits: Medical, Dental…for you and your family.
- We have brand-spankin’ new offices – and they’re pretty spectacular.
- All the coffee you can drink.
- Macs or Linux desktops, Big ‘ol monitors, two if you need ‘em
- We pick people, over degrees…and reward awesomeness.
JumpStart, Inc. - 21 months ago