Software Quality Assurance and Testing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works independently to evaluate Applications based on business/functional requirements and designs and develop test cases accordingly.
• Applies test methodology and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies for the analysis and certification of products.
• Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality for large and complex projects.
• Communicates issues identified during quality assurance activities to development and provides recommended process improvements to management.
• Develop/estimate project schedules/tasks based on requirements
• Represent QA on Product teams, and software development meetings
• Report to QA and upper management on product release status with recommendations, evaluate software defect metric trends Project Management
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree required. Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
• At least two years experience in experience in Software Quality Assurance in client server and web applications.
• Experience with testing custom .Net, Web, and client server applications
+ Experience with cross browser testing
+ Experience with testing mobile applications on tablets and devices
+ Experience with API amd Services testing (SOA) a plus
• Working Knowledge of HP Quality Center or equivalent Test Management tools
+ Experience with HP Quick Test Professional or equivalent automated testing tools or scripting languages (GUI automated tests)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• Experience in thorough testing of application changes and implementations
• Experience analyzing Requirements and developing test cases
• Working knowledge of the Software Development Life cycle and QA’s role in it.
• Solid understanding of several technologies including relational databases, SQL and XML.
• Demonstrated ability to document test plans, test cases, test results
• Documentation of test and acceptance plans
• Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC servers, workstations and laptops. Microsoft environment. Work with standard current computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets and data bases.
Arthrex - 19 months ago