Job Description QA Automation Engineer We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communications skills, and the ability to successfully interact with fellow QA team members, developers and project managers on a daily basis. This person will design, code, and execute automated tests for GUI, regression, and load testing of .NET web applications. You will document, track, and report test results and issues/defects in compliance with established QA procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Design, Develop, and Maintain Automation Framework
- Advocate and Implement applicable automation best practices within TransCore Automation Framework.
- Develop and execute automated test cases for .Net web applications using tools that include but are not limited to Ruby, Webkit, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, RSpec, Capybara, and WATIR.
- Design, write, and execute test cases for software applications based on business needs and requirements using advanced test design strategies.
- Uncover, document, and track product defects in defect tracking system.
- Communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Write and execute complex SQL queries as a part of test case design and root cause analysis.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with project team members in ensuring timely and high-quality product releases.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and design documents.
- Participate in estimation, planning, cost-of-quality, and quality risk analysis.
Two years experience writing automated tests for .NET web applications using Ruby-based automation tool. Familiarity with underlying architecture of multi-tier web-based applications. Experience with SQL queries and databases. · Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
Ability to accurately estimate tasks and track personal work. Ability to communicate accurate status to technical leads and project managers.
- A passion for high quality results.
- Deep commitment to ongoing professional development and learning.
- Very high productivity and effective time management .
Experience in the following technologies a plus:
Candidates must be willing and able to take full responsibility for a project or task from concept to completion with minimal supervision. They must also have a desire to collaborate, share ideas, and works towards common team/company goals.
- Experience writing coded UI and web load tests using Visual Studio Ultimate 2010.
- WATIR experience.
- Knowledge of network sniffer tools such as Fiddler or Wireshark.
- Knowledge of advanced test design techniques and strategies.
Education: Four-year degree in computer science, software engineering, or information systems. Or add two additional years related experience. Certification in software test skills and test tools a plus.
TransCore’s expertise includes systems integration, design consulting, operations, maintenance, manufacturing, RFID and satellite communications technologies, and extensive Web-based logistics and transportation management systems.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore is proud to support workforce diversity and is a committed equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com .
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
Transportation systems affect our lives everyday—the logistics systems that expedite bringing goods to market, traffic...