Cisco seeks a Software QA Engineer to be a part of the Network Security Application team within the Security Government Group. You will work with other Software engineers to produce innovative network security products for Cisco. You will champion new methodologies and drive software solutions that interact with widely deployed Internet products, thereby touching an endless number of users worldwide. Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into new technology areas and market segments.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component. Broad knowledge of and exposure to network protocols as well as real-time operating systems are essential for success in this role. Primary contribution is through leading other engineers via innovation, decision-making, process development, and mentoring. Serves as a technical advisor to the manager. Develops test strategies and environments to efficiently utilize engineering and lab resources. Responsible for test design and development across multiple products within a product suite (head-end/endpoint integration within Network Security). Designs complex test environments that can accommodate both QA test needs and customer use case testing. Analyzes metrics for quality trends before and after releases. Drives constant innovation including ideas and execution. Contributes to a wide range of projects throughout the BU. Leads organization towards best engineering practices.
Typically requires BSEE/CS or equivalent with 4-7+ years relevant experience in networking technologies and applications.
• Effective leadership, communication and planning skills are a must
• Cyber threat/Network Security experience is a plus.
• Enjoys mentoring and developing the skills of others
• Solid knowledge of Test Engineering, Automation and Software Development.
• Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple sub systems.
• Determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Sponsors and models exemplary team interaction.
• Tackles complex issues in creative ways.
• Agile development experience
• Cisco Catalyst switch series (CatIOS, CatOS)
• Cisco ISR, ASR router series
• Cisco ASA firewall
• Netflow, IPFIX, NBAR, ISE is a plus
• C/C++, Python
Cisco Systems - 23 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...