The Cocoa Foundation team at Apple is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to help ensure the robustness of the Foundation framework and related technologies such as the CoreFoundation framework.
- Development experience at the application and user interface level with Cocoa, or at least one of Win32, .NET, or Java
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Good eye for quality and performance: Passion for delivering fast and robust products
- QA experience on Unix and/or Windows
- Experience with automation and scripting languages such as Python
- Experience programming in the Objective C language
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals
The Foundation frameworks of Cocoa (http://developer.apple.com/cocoa) provide object oriented programming interfaces that span a range of core and essential functionality in areas such as basic data types, internationalization, file handling, OS interaction, and internet technologies. Every application on both iOS and OS X makes use of the Foundation frameworks.
As a QA engineer in the Foundation team, you will work closely with engineers in the group to run functional and performance tests (automated and ad-hoc), develop test plans and test cases, design automated UI tests using existing testing infrastructure, diagnose and report problems, triage problems others report, and perform integration testing on new updates of system software. You will also participate in group discussions as we define and design features for upcoming versions of iOS and OS X.
BS/MS CS/EE/CE or equivalent
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...