Since its founding in 1972, Kroll has helped thousands of clients worldwide mitigate risk, prevent and respond to crises, and manage and remediate compliance issues. Headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in more than 52 cities across 29 countries, Kroll's team of approximately 3,000 employees helps clients address financial, fraud, compliance, transactional, legal, security and reputational issues.
Kroll is one of three operating units of Altegrity, Inc. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., Altegrity has approximately 10,500 employees. Altegrity partners with its government and commercial clients to help them Make Decisions Smarter® by uncovering, reviewing, analysis and delivering information. Altegrity is principally owned by Providence Equity Partners.
Kroll Advisory Solutions is the industry leader in helping clients mitigate and respond to risk. We provide a comprehensive range of Investigations Services to give clients the information they need to make confident decisions in high risk situations throughout the world. Our suite of Business Intelligence services provides incisive insights into the global marketplace, and our Due Diligence and Compliance solutions help to develop comprehensive due diligence and compliance programs across the full spectrum of client needs. Kroll Advisory Solutions’ Cyber and Information Security services provide world-class network security data and breach responses, while our Physical Security solutions offer an array of expert advice and assistance to protect people and property from threats.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for Black & White Box Testing including basic Test Planning and execution of test cases for software products written in various programming languages, as well as Web based and Database applications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Ability to accomplish work based on a schedule of application development activities. Able to correctly interpret project requests and produce desired results.
- Ability to provide estimates for software quality work at the basic level of accuracy.
- Execute test cases and document results in an organized and efficient manner, adhering to procedures for updating metrics as defined by SQA Lead with direct supervision.
- Demonstrate basic proficiency with testing concepts and or environments including able to navigate in an established testing tool.
- Review Project Requirements and Specifications documentation. Basic ability to analyze and comprehend requirements and design specifications to extract necessary information for accurate test planning.
- Ability to review Test Case documents following the defined documentation standards.
- Contribute to the creation of Test data necessary for test execution.
- Understand and adhere to defect tracking methods. Ability to record each problem found, track status of defect and verify the resolution during the testing cycle.
- Convey basic knowledge of and adhere to Kroll Background Screening’s Software Development Lifecycle process.
- Recognize and provide timely feedback to management and lead SQA engineers with regard to project roadblocks.
- Able to communicate in an effective manner that promotes healthy relationships with both internal and external team members.
- Comfortable with current software testing strategies and technologies. Comprehend new software quality assurance ideas and concepts and apply them.
- Investigate problems assigned by management and more senior SQA Engineers.
- Provide support to software engineers during any of the Software Quality Assurance testing cycles.
- Provide personal weekly "highlights" that communicate the status of all individual efforts. The report should provide project status, time spent working on various tasks, and what those tasks entailed.
- A four-year College education in Computer Science CIS, MIS; or up to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office Products
- Microsoft Windows
- Basic understanding of test methodology and planning
- Basic understanding of Test Case creation and execution
- Basic programming knowledge
- Basic understanding of Relational Database structure and testing
- Basic knowledge of testing internal and external applications
- Experience or training in HP Quality Center or other Test Case Management Tools