As a QA Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for debugging NetApp software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for NetApp products. The team also develops, modifies, and executes software test plans; analyzes and writes test standards and procedures; maintains documentation of results; Writes automation scripts; and works closely with development engineers in resolution of problems. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. This position requires and individual who is creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, and driven to produce results.
Responsibility and Interaction:Responsibility:
- A major part of your responsibility you will be to work as part of a team responsible for:
- Gathering test requirements
- Developing, implementing and executing test plans
- Test scripts
- Test reports
- Test summaries
- Ability to read and understand software and/or hardware design specifications.
- Participate in design reviews and make recommendations for product improvements.
- You will participate in technical communications within the team and with other groups associated with specified projects.
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals. Job Requirements Requirements:
- Knowledge of test automation harness and automation skills (Perl, Python or PHP, TCL)
- Experience with filer storage systems.
- Experience in networking technologies occluding TCP/IP
- Experience with test equipments like SwiftTest, Mu-dynamics is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
- Experience in software test planning, test scripts and documentation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to complex problem solving.
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving complex problems.
- This individual must work effectively with staff to vice-president levels employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments; general guidance is provided on new assignments.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience is required. 5 to 7 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks. Posting Category Systems Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park Requisition Number 22821BR
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....