From the newest ideas in cluster computing to the latest web framework, NetApp software products embrace innovation to deliver compelling solutions to our customers.
As a QA Engineer you will work as part of a Agile Scrum team responsible for delivering high quality NetApp software products. Through the application of systematic test tools and processes you will help deliver reliable, innovative storage and data management products. You will be part of a team that develops, modifies, and executes software test plans; analyzes and writes test standards and procedures; maintains documentation of results; and works closely with development engineers in resolution of problems.
This position requires an individual who is creative, a quick learner, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to lead small teams or projects,
Responsibility and Interaction:
- As part of a team, the individual will be responsible for:
- Understanding test requirements and formulation of test cases
- Setting up lab and configuring testbeds
- Developing, implementing and executing test plans
- Contributing to, creating and developing test automation strategies
- Investigating found problems and drive their resolution
- Writing test reports
- Test Optimization
- Provide team and project leadership
- Read and understand software and/or hardware design specifications as well as product requirements
- Participate in design reviews and make recommendations for product quality and testability
- Participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups within Business Units associated with specified projects
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers Job Requirements Requirements:
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software test planning, test case writing, script development and documentation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Familiarity with advanced concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems
- Responsible for non-routine and unstructured tasks, requiring creative solutions with more interdependencies and with processes that are less defined.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving complex problems.
- Work effectively with staff to senior manager level employees within the function and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within Business Units as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments; general guidance is provided on new assignments.
- Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position.
- Work independently
- Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
- Demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required. 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
- Storage experience is a plus. Posting Category Software Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - Massachusetts - Waltham Requisition Number 22974BR
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....