Beats by Dr. Dre has seen 300% growth year over year for the last 3 years running and there’s no signs of slowing down. They are moving aggressively into several new product categories and are looking for talented, innovative, people to help lead the efforts.
Working under the direction of the manager of software quality assurance, the software QA engineer is responsible for ensuring highest levels of quality in user experience involving all types of software throughout the product lifecycle. The software products may include but not limited to embedded firmware, mobile applications, audio/device drivers, web services, and supporting backend systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
IDEAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Build, execute, and promote a QA methodology on behalf of Beats for technical projects and enhancements delivered by the product development team.
- Execute both automated and manual test strategies.
- Able to design and develop automated test tools along with test cases and vectors.
- Support product engineers in translating customer needs into requirements, developing specifications, and implementing test methodologies.
- Interface with supplier and contract manufacturers.
- Ensure that usability issues, defects and bugs in software are properly documented, assigned and tracked for prompt handling. Able to concisely present findings to management and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate daily with software engineers and product developers to effectively communicate issues that may arise.
- Participate in Agile scrum and estimation/planning sessions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of Android and iOS mobile devices, MAC and Window desktop environments.
- Clear understanding of Internet protocols, web service infrastructures, RESTful APIs, cloud-based services, such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with performance and stress testing.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as software QA or test engineer with demonstrated experience in embedded systems, mobile apps or web software.
- Strong background in translating product requirements into test plans.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
PeopleOps - 19 months ago
We deliver Executive Recruiting and scalable end to end candidate development for the world's largest organizations and some of the most...