The Active Network, Inc. provides technology applications and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles. The company’s application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing community activities and fundraising events. Its marketing services offer integrated online and field marketing campaigns that help brands develop authentic relationships with active consumers. Its consumer properties offer a comprehensive destination for the active lifestyle.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for assisting in delivering key products to the market in top condition as expected by our clients. This person will work with Product Development, System Architects, Business Managers, and Software developers to determine Test Plans for the product release cycles. This person will then verify and validate against these plans in order to assure top quality. The Quality Assurance Engineer will play a key part in the team and will help us drive great products to the market. They will lead and direct testing resources to deliver software projects on time and within budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading and driving QA staff on assigned projects
- Drafting effective manual and automation Test plans aimed at thoroughly testing pre-release software
- Identifying and raising risks as early as possible in the system development life cycle
- Developing and executing functional, smoke, system integration and regression testing
- Analyzing complicated systems with many points of integration testing
- Defining entrance and exit criteria of each testing cycle
- Testing software and websites use both black box and white box testing techniques
- Automated Test set up/development/execution
- Review requirements/design documentation, and implement test strategies
- Participating in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities in processes, standards, and procedures in the manual and test automation space.
- Communicating feedback to staff
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 6 years experience testing software applications
- Good understanding of Agile Development and how QA is performed within an Agile project
- Solid analytical, trouble shooting and debugging skills
- Strong scripting skills – VB script, Java Script, Ruby
- 2+ years writing SQL validation scripts (not just simple select statements
- Strong knowledge and experience with test methodologies, QA process, and software release cycle.
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Ability to lead and guide others
- Demonstrated ownership and initiative taking
- Experience working with remote/offshore teams
- A strong desire for top of the line software products
The Active Network, Inc - 19 months ago