Defines, develops, maintains, and executes test scripts for interfaces and data migrations. Ensures system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users. Ensures assigned project testing is complete and testing risks are identified prior to implementation. Manages the defects from identification to closure through the Software Life Cycle.
- Completes testing for interfaces, feeds and data conversions.
- Reviews and may provide input during requirements and specification walkthroughs. Contributes to the development of test plans. Provides test estimates for release scope
- Participates in test planning, test case design and test script walkthroughs.
- Escalates issues and risks as appropriate to ensure project stays on track.
- Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts. Drives defect towards resolution; proposes and designs retest cases, scripts and data.
- Provides timely and accurate status, defect information and appropriate metrics to facilitate QA reporting.
- Adheres to established standards and methodologies. Utilizes tools and methodologies to improve individual effectiveness and to increase efficiencies in the QA process.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum four + years’ experience testing interface engines.
- Strong ETL experience and bulk transaction processing experience.
- Experience in Talend, Sterling Integrator, JDA, AS400 and Sonic MQ Message Manager.
- Strong knowledge and experience in orders fulfillment process and E-Commerce systems highly desirable.
- Proficient on Info Path, XML Spy and strong SQL skills
- Working knowledge of UNIX
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interface effectively with all levels of management as well as the technical team.
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management, quantitative methods, risk management and measurement programs. Working knowledge of defect tracking, quality principles and testing tools.
- Strong work ethic and general business acumen.
- Working experience with risk management, statistical analysis, quality assurance and quality control practices.
- Certified Software Testing Engineer (CSTE) certification preferred.
- Experience with various test management and defect tracking tools (HP Quality Center, Jira, Zephyr etc.)
Bachelors Degree Required
eBay - 16 months ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...