Summary of Responsibilities:
This individual will hold the primary responsibilities for software testing and product quality assurance and verification of product functionality in accordance with design specifications.
Tasks and Duties:
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Design or develop automated testing tools.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Update automated test scripts to ensure currency.
- Conduct historical analyses of test results.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers. Document test procedures to ensure reliability and compliance with standards.
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality. Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Coordinate user or third party testing.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education and Work Experience: Professionals are required to understand and do basic programming as well
- Superior documentation skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Organized and able to complete tasks or projects with limited guidance
- Requires basic knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle.
- 1 - 3 Years of software quality assurance experience.
- Bachelors degree in computer engineering, information technology, computer science or a related discipline.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PrivacyStar - 23 months ago