- Performs hands-on testing of web applications including service and data access layers.
- Collaborates with development engineers to determine the best test approach for new and existing functionality.
- Plans test effort for assigned features, including feature tests, automation and scale tests.
- Contributes automated tests to the test framework.
- Participates in development scrum teams as the QA representative and makes sure that all new features are tested and have automated tests.
- Analyzes test failures and provides detailed summaries of UI artifacts, error logs and database queries to aid the development engineers in further analysis.
- Becomes a subject matter expert and go-to technical resource for the QA team and the overall development team.
- Experience includes development of automated testing scripts in Python, Ruby or other scripting languages, using Selenium, Capybara and similar frameworks.
- Experience with frameworks such as Rails or Sinatra.
- Experience with Linux or Unix command line tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL queries for troubleshooting and data access.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience with SAAS applications and deployment a plus
- Experience with REST APIs a plus
- Understanding of web application security standards
- Performance and Load testing experience is preferred.
Must be based in the Bay Area
- Competitive salary + medical/dental benefits
- Snacks/drinks in the office
- Lively work environment
- Company retreats
- Startup environment – in the truest sense of the words
Viralheat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Viralheat - 10 months ago