Would you like to be a part of a team that protects our Nation's Natural Resources? Then join this long term federal contract that is located at Ft. Collins, Colorado , where you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your Software Test and Quality Assurance expertise. Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have a valid Green Card and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance .
Job Responsibilities Include:
The Software Quality Assurance Specialist will perform testing of both web and desktop software applications, understand formal software engineering practices and quality assurance standards. You must be able to interpret product requirements, develop test procedures and understand functional, performance, load, installation, and usability testing concepts. In addition, you must be able to perform system administration of the entire QA test environment.
Job Requirements Include:
- Understanding of the formal software development process including QA fundamentals such as test planning, test execution, and test reporting
- Software development principals - familiarity with development toolkits, web development, current development languages, databases, and scripting
- Windows server administration - setup/maintenance of multi-tier computing environments including but not limited to web server configuration and COTS installation/setup, administration of users/groups/privileges within Windows and Linux environments
- Development and maintenance of network architecture diagrams
- Daily up-time/maintenance of all QA test environments
- Off-hour on-call support
: Bachelor Degree--preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline--or equivalent work experience (at least 10 years )
: 7 years of structured software quality assurance engineering experience is required
: Hands-on experience with creation of test plans, development and execution of test cases and reporting of test results
: Deployment of .NET and Linux multi-tier web-based enterprise applications
: Windows 2003/2008 Server Administration
: Working knowledge of IIS 6-7.5 configuration and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012
: Microsoft Windows Systems Administration: Active Directory, policies, SMS, monitoring
: Creation of test plans and test cases from formal requirements and design documentation.
: Experience with manual test execution, development of automated test scripts, test reporting, commercial bug management system, and development of production level software
: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Visio and MS Project
: Successful execution within a cross-functional team collaborative IT environment
: Prioritization and planning of testing efforts and proactive approach to problem solving
: Per our Federal Government Contract, candidates must have a valid Green Card and be able to hold a Public Trust Clearance
Preferred Job Requirement Include:
- Development and support of web-based and desktop applications using .NET/C#/ASP.NET/SQL Server 2008
- Linux Server Administration
- Technical Writing using Microsoft Office Products
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- VMware Server/Desktop Virtualization and Windows Virtual PC
- Generation of requisitions for computing environment resources
- Deployment, and administration of SQL Server 2008 Database and Reporting Services
- GIS technologies including ESRI ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcGIS
- Scripting Proficiency (i.e. Cygwin, Dos, Bash, Perl, Python, and/or VBscript) a plus
- Enterprise-class application monitoring system such as "WhatsUp Gold"
- Basic understanding of HTTP traffic, ports, web-services, clustered and distributed systems, file shares and batch processes.
- CoLab - Web-based team collaboration and project management tool
Earn $1,500 for every person you refer AND WE HIRE! If you see a position posted by The Squires Group and know the perfect person for the job, just send us your friend's contact information.
4 Reasons to Join The Squires Group, Inc.:
Our Commitment to You - We offer competitive pay, multi-year projects and a list of exciting clients
Work-Life Balance - We work hard, we work smart and have quality time for family and "life."
Golden Rule - We treat our consultants the way we want to be treated: with integrity, professionalism and trust.
We Care About You - We help you meet your career goals and continuously support your efforts in the field.
The Squires Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Squires Group - 7 months ago