OBJECTIVE OF POSITION |
The Software Quality Assurance Specialist will build a Best Practice, Software Quality Assurance Competency within the organization to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements.
- Leads, participates, executes, and mentors Software Quality Assurance Best Practices both from an operational and project management perspective.
- Works with IS Technical and Business Analysts, End Users, Project Managers, and Applications Development Staff.
- Assists QA Team members through careful testing and enforce adherence to a defined change management process.
- Leads and mentors in the different software development processes to ensure traceability, from system/software requirements, to architectural/detailed design, to test plan/test procedures inspections.
- Ability to lead Testing as well as be a Tester by performing all facets of the SQA lifecycle.
- Ability to assess/advocate quality and devise improvements to current procedures.
- Reports progress on program/project defects and problem resolution to management.
- Performs complex work flow analysis and recommends quality improvement.
- Develops a thorough working knowledge of each application and other tools needed.
- Utilizes existing tools and recommend additional resources to facilitate testing and create a sustainable test infrastructure.
- Participates in requirement reviews, design specification, technical documentation reviews and defect/incident analysis.
- Determines the software application testing needs by analyzing business and functional requirements.
- Identifies, documents and manages resolution of software (and/or related data) inconsistencies, defects and bugs.
- Validates, researches and analyzes client-reported issues and test related fixes.
- Works with external and internal programmers, developers, and designers as necessary and directed to meet client needs.
- SQL abilities to query and verify test results in the database.
- Completes special projects and other projects in various areas of the business as assigned by the PMO.
3 + years of complex application integration
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
Software Quality Assurance Experience
Experience with testing tool suites
4-6 years of complex application integration
ITIL Foundation Certification and/or Experience
PMO and Software Quality Assurance Experience
Software Service Desk Experience
Performance Testing Experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate implementation of software against functional and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to develop, implement, lead, execute, and mentor Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Best Practices, including Software Quality Control, Software Testing, Software Testing Techniques, and Software Development Processes.
- Thorough and detailed understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Must have experience using Software Quality Assurance disciplines and methodologies
- Familiar with GUI applications and client server environments.
- Must practice active listening to understand others’ perspective and ensure continuous understanding.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service orientation as well as leadership, management and teamwork qualities; contributes to creating a motivated, positive work environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills; able to conduct self in professional, ethical and objective manner.
- Highly motivated self starter, with a can-do attitude, that can operate with limited direction and supervision, and who can set own priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Strong attention to detail and a thorough approach to testing methodologies
- Ability to make decisions through thorough analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products - MS Word, Excel, Visio, and MS Project .
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to lead, motivate, and promote team building and goal attainment.
- Creative thinker who can bring fresh ideas and think around roadblocks.
When you just deplore your bare wood floor and feel the need to improve your home's décor, Kirkland's hopes you'll explore...