OBJECTIVE OF POSITION |
The Software Quality Assurance Specialist will build a Best Practice, Software Quality Assurance Competency within the organization to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements.
- Leads, participates, executes, and mentors Software Quality Assurance Best Practices both from an operational and project management perspective.
- Works with IS Technical and Business Analysts, End Users, Project Managers, and Applications Development Staff.
- Assists QA Team members through careful testing and enforce adherence to a defined change management process.
- Leads and mentors in the different software development processes to ensure traceability, from system/software requirements, to architectural/detailed design, to test plan/test procedures inspections.
- Ability to lead Testing as well as be a Tester by performing all facets of the SQA lifecycle.
- Ability to assess/advocate quality and devise improvements to current procedures.
- Reports progress on program/project defects and problem resolution to management.
- Performs complex work flow analysis and recommends quality improvement.
- Develops a thorough working knowledge of each application and other tools needed.
- Utilizes existing tools and recommend additional resources to facilitate testing and create a sustainable test infrastructure.
- Participates in requirement reviews, design specification, technical documentation reviews and defect/incident analysis.
- Determines the software application testing needs by analyzing business and functional requirements.
- Identifies, documents and manages resolution of software (and/or related data) inconsistencies, defects and bugs.
- Validates, researches and analyzes client-reported issues and test related fixes.
- Works with external and internal programmers, developers, and designers as necessary and directed to meet client needs.
- SQL abilities to query and verify test results in the database.
- Completes special projects and other projects in various areas of the business as assigned by the PMO.
3 + years of complex application integration
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
Software Quality Assurance Experience
Experience with testing tool suites
4-6 years of complex application integration
ITIL Foundation Certification and/or Experience
PMO and Software Quality Assurance Experience
Software Service Desk Experience
Performance Testing Experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate implementation of software against functional and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to develop, implement, lead, execute, and mentor Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Best Practices, including Software Quality Control, Software Testing, Software Testing Techniques, and Software Development Processes.
- Thorough and detailed understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Must have experience using Software Quality Assurance disciplines and methodologies
- Familiar with GUI applications and client server environments.
- Must practice active listening to understand others’ perspective and ensure continuous understanding.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service orientation as well as leadership, management and teamwork qualities; contributes to creating a motivated, positive work environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills; able to conduct self in professional, ethical and objective manner.
- Highly motivated self starter, with a can-do attitude, that can operate with limited direction and supervision, and who can set own priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Strong attention to detail and a thorough approach to testing methodologies
- Ability to make decisions through thorough analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products - MS Word, Excel, Visio, and MS Project .
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to lead, motivate, and promote team building and goal attainment.
- Creative thinker who can bring fresh ideas and think around roadblocks.
Kirkland's - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
When you just deplore your bare wood floor and feel the need to improve your home's décor, Kirkland's hopes you'll explore...